- Books / Magazines / CDs
- Patterns / Kits
- Colour Streams Hand-Dyed Fabrics, Ribbons, and Threads
- Ribbons / Trims
- Basic Notions
- Needles / Pins
- Marking / Measuring
- Cutting / Pressing / Lights
- Computer Printer Fabrics / Photo Transfers
- Freezer / Foundation Papers
- Templates / Template Plastic
- Ribbonwork / Fabric Flower / Kanzashi / Yoyo Templates
- Sashiko Stencils
- Embroidery / Beading
- Cords / Tassels
- Purse Frames
- Dyes / Dye Kits / Stain Remover / Vintage Textile Soak
- Glues / Fusibles / Starch / Fray Check / Tape
- FREE Downloads
Piping Hot Binding Tool Kit
Accent quilt binding with piping. The Groovin' Piping Trimming Tool is used to trim piping seam allowances to a consistent width.
US orders containing ONLY books will be shipped by Media Mail with the excess postage refunded.
We appreciate it.
Accent quilt binding with piping. The Groovin' Piping Trimming Tool is used to trim piping seam allowances to a consistent width. When piping is sewn, it is impossible to maintain a consistent seam allowance. Trimming seam allowances using a traditional acrylic ruler is a time consuming chore but the Groovin' Piping Trimming Tool makes this task quick and accurate. (Rotary cutting equipment is needed.)
Groovin' Piping Tool helps trim a small piping's seam allowance with an accurate 1/4" or 1/2" seam allowance very quickly. The tool is 11 1/2" in length and is designed to work with 28, 45 or 60mm rotary cutters. Detailed 16 page booklet teaches quilters to make and apply perfect piping. Kit also includes 5 yards of piping cord.
Groovin' Piping Trimming Tool and 7 piping variations included!
- Square-up quilts accurately.
- Keep corners square.
- Sew perfect, tiny piping.
- Apply piping evenly.
- Sew binding with hidden stitches.
- Miter neat and tidy corners.
- Join binding tails easily.
- Finish a show-quality back.
- Show off plump binding.
"Binding with piping adds a distinctive touch that shows attention to detail. I think of binding as the crowning glory to my quilts...the last chance to do something special! It frames a simple piece so beautifully and takes heirloom or show quilts to a new level. Piping also looks great in border seams and on wearable art where detail will definitely be appreciated.
I've covered all my best tips in these instructions including my tail-joining technique quilters love. Many tips are ones you'll use for other tasks as they involve getting the most from your machine to increase accuracy.
Brand: Sue Spargo
1/2" stitch spacing rulers.