- Books / Magazines / CDs
- Patterns / Kits
- Colour Streams Hand-Dyed Fabrics, Ribbons, and Threads
- Ribbons / Trims
- Basic Notions
- Needles / Pins
- Marking / Measuring
- Cutting / Pressing / Lights
- Computer Printer Fabrics / Photo Transfers
- Freezer / Foundation Papers
- Templates / Template Plastic
- Ribbonwork / Fabric Flower / Kanzashi / Yoyo Templates
- Sashiko Stencils
- Embroidery / Beading
- Cords / Tassels
- Purse Frames
- Dyes / Dye Kits / Stain Remover / Vintage Textile Soak
- Glues / Fusibles / Starch / Fray Check / Tape
- FREE Downloads
Victorian Whimsey Beadwork
Learn the beading and construction techniques used in the lavishly bead-embroidered whimseys that were so popular during the Victorian era.
US orders containing ONLY books will be shipped by Media Mail with the excess postage refunded.
We appreciate it.
Pattern by Janet Stauffacher - Learn the three-dimensional beading and construction techniques used in the lavishly bead-embroidered and fringed whimseys and cushions that were so popular during the Victorian era. Then, begin making your own small whimsey with a vintage look. The design included is a bird holding several branches of leaves in it's beak, not the shoe pictured on the cover. This whimsical design is taken from the side of one of my antique pieces. The pattern does contain the instructions to embroider all of the elements seen in the shoe and the other examples in the pattern. Make your whimsey any shape you like--with or without fringe.