- Reduced price
- Books / Magazines / CDs
- Patterns / Kits
- Colour Streams Hand-Dyed Fabrics, Ribbons, and Threads
- Ribbons / Trims
- Basic Notions
- Needles / Pins
- Marking / Measuring
- Cutting / Pressing / Lights
- Computer Printer Fabrics / Photo Transfers
- Freezer / Foundation Papers
- Templates / Template Plastic
- Ribbonwork / Fabric Flower / Kanzashi / Yoyo Templates
- Sashiko Stencils
- Embroidery / Beading
- Cords / Tassels
- Purse Frames
- Dyes / Dye Kits / Stain Remover / Vintage Textile Soak
- Glues / Fusibles / Starch / Fray Check / Tape
- FREE Downloads
Kanzashi in Bloom
Kanzashi in Bloom offers advice on materials, three petal-folding styles and techniques for assembling a kanzashi flower.
US orders containing ONLY books will be shipped by Media Mail with the excess postage refunded.
We appreciate it.
Book by Diane Gilleland - Twenty simple fold-and-sew projects to wear and give. Kanzashi tsumami is the Japanese art of folding delicate squares of silk into three-dimensional flower petals. In the United States, the online craft culture has sprouted a renewed interest in making kanzashi with American crafters devising simplified ways to create these gorgeous fabric flowers and incorporating more user-friendly materials like cotton and synthetic fabrics along with the traditional silks.
Kanzashi in Bloom takes the American interpretation of kanzashi a step further, presenting modern, more easily executed flower designs as elements in a variety of fun, fashionable, hip craft projects. Kanzashi in Bloom offers advice on materials, three petal-folding styles and techniques for assembling a kanzashi flower. You’ll also find instructions for 20 projects to wear and give as gifts, including:
- Tiny blossom earrings.
- Flowers-in-your-hair clips.
- The happiest belt buckle ever.
- An elegant floral gift topper.