- Books / Magazines / CDs
- Patterns / Kits
- Colour Streams Hand-Dyed Fabrics, Ribbons, and Threads
- Ribbons / Trims
- Basic Notions
- Needles / Pins
- Marking / Measuring
- Cutting / Pressing / Lights
- Computer Printer Fabrics / Photo Transfers
- Freezer / Foundation Papers
- Templates / Template Plastic
- Ribbonwork / Fabric Flower / Kanzashi / Yoyo Templates
- Sashiko Stencils
- Embroidery / Beading
- Cords / Tassels
- Purse Frames
- Dyes / Dye Kits / Stain Remover / Vintage Textile Soak
- Glues / Fusibles / Starch / Fray Check / Tape
- FREE Downloads
The Art of Whimsical Stitching
Creative stitch techniques and inspiring projects.
US orders containing ONLY books will be shipped by Media Mail with the excess postage refunded.
We appreciate it.
Book by Joanne Sharpe - Creative stitch techniques and inspiring projects.
Paint, stitch, play!
In The Art of Whimsical Stitching, best-selling author and teacher Joanne Sharpe shares her favorite, go-to methods for creating exuberant stitch art. If you're a sewer or quilter, you'll take your stitching in a new direction with paints, markers, and dyes. If you're a mixed-media artist, you'll learn to embellish your work with stitching.
Follow step-by-step instructions and photos demonstrating a dozen inspiring techniques, including collage, stenciling, free-motion stitching, fused applique lettering, needlefelting, doodle machine and hand embroidery, and more! Then, transform your custom fabric into playful pillows and bags, art quilts, journals, and other fun and funk-tional projects. Joanne's whimsical artwork and a "sketchbook" of designs you can adapt for your own work round out this colorful, inspirational guide.