- Books / Magazines / CDs
- Patterns / Kits
- Colour Streams Hand-Dyed Fabrics, Ribbons, and Threads
- Ribbons / Trims
- Basic Notions
- Needles / Pins
- Marking / Measuring
- Cutting / Pressing / Lights
- Computer Printer Fabrics / Photo Transfers
- Freezer / Foundation Papers
- Templates / Template Plastic
- Ribbonwork / Fabric Flower / Kanzashi / Yoyo Templates
- Sashiko Stencils
- Embroidery / Beading
- Cords / Tassels
- Purse Frames
- Dyes / Dye Kits / Stain Remover / Vintage Textile Soak
- Glues / Fusibles / Starch / Fray Check / Tape
- FREE Downloads
Visible repairs for the perfectly imperfect things we love!
US orders containing ONLY books will be shipped by Media Mail with the excess postage refunded.
We appreciate it.
Book by Noriko Misumi - Visible repairs for the perfectly imperfect things we love! With Joyful Mending, rips, holes, frayed edges and stains become a pleasant challenge--a chance to turn flaws into features so you can continue to enjoy the clothes (and toys, rugs and accessories) you love.
Using basic sewing, darning, felting and crochet techniques, as well as a handful of simple embroidery stitches, you can repair and restore your favorite belongings in a transformative way.
Joyful Mending shows you simple techniques for:
- Repairing fabrics--knitted or woven.
- Working with flat or curved surfaces.
- Creating repairs that blend as well as repairs that add elements of whimsy and surprise.
- Darning your handmade socks and gloves.
The joy to be found in working by hand, the artistry you find within yourself while giving new life to old things, and the satisfaction in doing more with less are at the heart of this book. While nothing last forever, there's pleasure as well as purpose in holding off impermanence for a little while longer.
Brand: C&T Publishing
Compact, take-anywhere guide to more than 180 stitches and stitch combinations for hand embroidery, silk ribbon embroidery and crazy quilting.